If you’re a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, it’s important to stay up to date with the latest news and statistics about adoption. It’s well worth it to learn everything you can about issues that may affect your adoption process, wherever you are in your personal journey. Not only will being informed help you during your adoption, but you’ll also be able to find relevant articles on what to expect after your adoption is completed.
So, to help you find different adoption news sources, we’ve gathered a list of great places that you can turn to for more information:
- American Adoptions blog: The American Adoptions website has a ton of great adoption resources for your pregnancy. But, if you’re looking for adoption-related news, then the American Adoptions blog is a great place to start. It includes blog posts from the perspective of birth parents, adoptive families, and adoptees. If you are a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you might even find news about issues impacting you. Check back regularly to see what’s going on in the adoption world and what you can expect during your adoption with this agency.
- American Adoptions Newsletter: The American Adoptions newsletter will be sent directly to your inbox twice a month at no charge. There, you can stay up to date on adoption news without even having to look for it. If you’d like to see a specific idea in the newsletter, you can even email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Considering Adoption – Considering Adoption has a great network of blog posts available for you to look through. There is even a section of blog posts titled “Thoughts From a Birth Mother” that should be able to give you better insight into adoption from the perspective of another woman who has been in your shoes.
- Adoption for My Baby Blog: This site is another great resource for women facing an unexpected pregnancy. If you’re looking for blog posts for women in your situation, it has that as well.
- Adoptive Families Magazine: Here, you can find the latest adoption news related to adoptive families, if you’d like to know about their side of the adoption experience.
- com: Not only are you able to find blog posts from this website, but you’ll also be able to find other birth parents on the forum homepage. If you’re looking to meet other prospective birth parents who are in the same boat as you or birth parents who have already placed children for adoption, this is a great way to get connected.
Along with these resources, you can also follow news and blog outlets with pages dedicated to both local and national adoption news. You can keep an eye out for pages focusing on adoption from notable news sources like the Huffington Post and The New York Times. This is another great way to get involved so that you don’t miss out on any further news.
However, the best resource for adoption news will always be your adoption specialist. If you need help finding out what’s current in the world of adoption, you can reach out to them at any point during your adoption.
If you are currently looking for an adoption specialist, here are some great adoption agencies that you can start with.